SIL acquires rights to Keyman software
(October 2015) SIL International, a global language development NGO and Tavultesoft, a leading supplier of keyboarding software are pleased to announce that as of 30th September 2015, SIL International has purchased all rights to Tavultesoft’s Keyman® keyboarding software. SIL International has purchased Keyman Desktop, Keyman Developer, Keyman for Mac, Keyman for Android, Keyman for iPhone and iPad and KeymanWeb.
We’re excited to be involved in the next stage of developing input methods for the world together with SIL International. The linguistic resource and experience that SIL International brings to the table will be a great boost to Keyman's future development. We believe that Keyman users all over the world will be well served by this acquisition.
— Marc Durdin, creator of Keyman, CEO and Chief Developer for Tavultesoft
For the immediate future, Keyman continues to be available for purchase and supported through Tavultesoft. Technical support is provided to licensed users of Keyman via email and online on the Tavultesoft Forums. Products may continue to be purchased through the Tavultesoft online store.
If you have questions about the acquisition, and how it may affect you, please read our Frequently Asked Questions section below.
Keyman running on Android devices
- Will my Keyman license continue to work?
- Yes, there will be no change to how your Keyman license works.
- Can I still buy licenses of Keyman?
- Yes, for the time being, licenses of Keyman will continue to be sold through the Tavultesoft Online Store. In the coming months, there may be changes to how Keyman is distributed, but we do not envisage Keyman becoming less accessible to users.
- How can I get technical support?
- At present, direct your support requests to firstname.lastname@example.org, if you are a licensed user. If you are using a free product, you can ask the community on the Tavultesoft Forums.
- Will the price of Keyman be changing?
- It’s too soon to be able to answer that question completely. However, for the time being we do not anticipate any price changes.
- I saw Keyman for Mac listed in the announcement. Where can I get it?
- Keyman for Mac is currently in pre-beta and will be announced on the keyman.com website when it becomes available.
- I have a created a keyboard with Keyman Developer. Should I still share it with Tavultesoft?
- Yes, we welcome all keyboard layouts developed by the Keyman community. Tavultesoft’s existing open source keyboard repository will now be stewarded by SIL International. To learn how to submit your keyboard layout, visit http://help.keyman.com/developer/keyboards.
- I have other questions. Who should I ask?
- Please direct any other questions regarding the acquisition to email@example.com.